Friday, August 19, 2011

Deployed & Pregnant, suggestions please?

I am currently deployed to Kuwait and just found out that I'm around 8 wks pregnant. My husband is deploying tomorrow to a different theater for his unit. I got pregnant before coming out here, apparently. But I'm totally freaking out due to the fact that I was a late deploy-er for a pregnancy that miscarried very shortly after finding out about it. (about 3 wks gestation). I'm terrified to present this to my chain of command in fear of being punished or chaptered out. This was not intentional, and totally a surprise to both my husband & I. I came here with the intention to deploy with my unit, serve my country and get home at the end of it, to my family, just like everyone else. Although, we are wanting more children, this in the beginning of a deployment, was not our idea of "perfect timing". Can anyone help me out with this? I'm not ready to talk to my unit about this without having all my ducks in a row. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment